Waterford and Wexford Education and Training Board (WWETB) is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with European Union (Accessibility of
Websites and Mobile Applications of Public Sector Bodies) Regulations 2020.
This accessibility statement applies to content published on www.wwetbtraining.ie
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 level AA , due to the non-accessible content listed below.
The content listed below is non accessible for the following reason:
Non-compliance with the European Union (Accessibility of Websites and Mobile Applications of Public Sector Bodies) Regulations 2020. We are working to improve the accessibility compliance of our website and will endeavor to apply all accessibility standards to content being published to our website going forward.
Parts of WWETB’s Training website are not fully accessible. For example:
- PDFs: some documents in PDF format are not fully accessible and may in someinstances lack a correct tab order or headings, have invalid language attributes, contain invalid or missing table structures.
- Tables: some tables do not have correctly defined headers. This makes itdifficult to be compatible with screen readers of voice recognition software toread the content on the site.
- Images: some images may not have additional added text and are not fully accessible throughout the website.
- Colour contrast: a small number of pages may contain items with a lack propercolour contrast, all of which are currently being updated.
This is not an exhaustive list of non-accessible content, and we will work through these and other issues to address them.
WWETB is undertaking actions to improve the accessibility of its website:
- Staff are reviewing and improving the accessibility of all documents on an ongoing basis. Accessible versions of some essential PDFs provided by thirdparties are currently being sought.
- In conjunction with our web developer WWETB is undertaking continuous development of its website to improve functionality and methods of compliance with accessibility guidelines.
- We are working towards being fully compliant with WCAG 2.1 level AAfollowing our next phase of development
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 15th May 2023.
This statement was prepared by WWETB Communications Team.
Feedback and contact information
WWETB is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for all users. If you would like to request information about or assistance with accessing any content or functionality that is inaccessible, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to request particular content in an accessible format, please include the following details:
- Your required format.
- The content you wish to receive (please include the url of the content).
- Your name and email address.
We will make all reasonable efforts to fulfil your request.
Information on Access
Queries and complaints about accessibility are dealt with by a staff member with responsibility for access issues. Enquiries should be directed to WWETB at email@example.com.
If you are not happy about our response to your complaint, you can ask the Ombudsmanto investigate your complaint. Here is contact information and guidance on making a complaint from the Office of the Ombudsman or call them at 01 639 5600.